Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year, New Beginning

As you can tell, I've haven't been good about updating my blog. I was concerned about that when I started. But I've learned a few things these last several months. Want me to share? Sure. Listen closely. Write it down if you must. YOU CANNOT DO EVERYTHING, BUT YOU CAN KILL YOURSELF TRYING. So I'm learning to slow down.

It's a new year, and a new beginning. So I've been considering how his year will be different from other years. So here are my commitments.

  • I will not take more than one class per semester. Between homeschooling, ministry, family, and seminary, I've been drowning. This means it will take me longer to get my M.Div. but at least I'll be alive (and with a family intact) to enjoy it.
  • I will spend one hour a day in spiritual practices: study, meditation and prayer. No more cutting corners at 20 minutes on busy mornings. If I'm too busy for this, I'm too busy.
  • I will exercise 3 days a week.
  • I will take one day a month for me! Perhaps I will spend this day in my PJs all day long, or go shopping alone, or scrapbook with a friend.
  • I will "date" my husband twice a month. At least twice each month, Joseph and I will spend some time together, alone, reconnecting with one another.
  • I will update my blog regularly. Yep, made it a commitment. I'm participating in a friend's blog challenge. Suzanne is one of my bestest friends in the whole world. She'll keep me on track, I'm sure! She does a GREAT job with her blog. Check it out! O'Scrappy Day
  • Finally, I will say NO to things that contradict these commitments.

So how's that?! New year, new beginning. What are you beginning this year?

2 comments:

Jayne said...

Sounds like some great changes Tams! Happy New Year!

Suzanne said...

Girl, you said it all! SO glad you're going to take time for YOU! Hugs!