Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Size 10

Yesterday, I bought my older son a new pair of shoes . . . in a SIZE 10. I almost fainted! His father wears size 10! I just cannot be that this baby I held in my arms less than 13 years ago, now has feet as large as his dad's. This was a jolting, heart tugging moment for me. Wow, does time whiz by or what?


But he's also a really great kid! We met friends for lunch at the mall, and while his brother went home with the friends we met, he and I went shopping. We had a really great time! Sorry to sound so surprised, but "shopping with my adolescent SON" probably isn't topping most people's lists of great ways to spend the afternoon. He was reasonable about the purchases he wanted to make, asked my opinion on the fit of a few things, and helped me carry the items I purchased.


The most amusing part is watching him begin to care what he looks like. A few years ago, clothes were clothes. You needed pants, shirt and shoes. Matching?! What's matching? LOL Now, however, his hair has to be "right" and he is beginning to want few items from particular stores. I'm not against this as long as it's not an attempt to boost his self-esteem or popularity, and doesn't become an obsession.


1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Aww, he IS a great kid Tams! LOL about the shoe size. Girl, I just bought Cait a size 11 ballet shoe. :faint: Hey, those pics ya got there would make an awesome page! You gonna scrap em'? :hint: ;-)