Tuesday, February 26, 2008

What Store Are You? Blog Challenge #7

Suzanne's Blog challenge # 7 is "What store best represents what type of person you are right now? Are you a Macy's or Wal-Mart type of person? Do you wish you were a different store? Take any direction you'd like; either where you shop in real life or comparing your personality to a particular store. Have fun with it!"

Hmm . . . .

They say you are what you eat. So am I the store where I shop the most?? If so, then I'm Walmart. I like that I can get groceries or gardening items, hardware stuff for remodeling or a tape runner for scrapbooking, shoes and a flash drive all on the same stop. One stop shopping. Though I hate to admit it, the convenience is more important to me than their low prices.

I've been contemplating what this may say about my personality. Do I opt for convenience over quality? Do words like 'cheap' and 'superficial' characterize my life? Does this reveal an inner conceit -- I want EVERYTHING I want at my fingertips all the time? Am I lazy? I'm not sure I can answer these questions, but they're worth contemplating.

I wish I was Bed-Bath-and-Beyond. Classy. Sophisticated. Refined. But not High Maintenance/Expensive, per se. Oh, well, everyone has to aspire to something, I guess. If Suzanne were to repeat this challenge in 5 years, maybe I could say that.

Meanwhile, I'll continue my search for answers . . . as soon as I get back from Walmart. ;-)

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

LOL I said I was Walmart also, for the same reasons. I choose to think it's SMART... timesaving AND frugal. ;-)