Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Waking Up! (Blog Challenge #2)

Suzanne's 2nd challenge is to talk about the first half hour after waking up.

Every day is different here. Since bedtime is usually around midnight, getting up varies from 5:00 - 6:30, depending on what I have to do and what time I must be there. The most important thing to know is that I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON. This doesn't mean that I'm hard to wake up. I can hit the floor moving if needed, but I don't like mornings. I do not enjoy waking up -- whatever time it may come. I HATE alarm clocks. Perhaps because the dreadful things are symbolic of mornings. Occasionally, an alarm is a necessary evil, but it is one to be avoided whenever possible. Even my dear hubby has learned that his alarm clock should not go off for long, and NEVER more than once.

Upon rolling out of bed, the first destination is the bathroom. You know, necessities. Then I make my bed. If I don't do it RIGHT THEN, it wouldn't get done. Next stop is to find some caffeine. I'm such a miserable grump in the mornings that I won't even make coffee. I'll drink hubby's if it's made; otherwise, it's a delicious, cold class of Diet Dr. Thunder to rivet me out of my stupor.

Now, when I call myself a grump, it's not that I'm grumpY. I'm not mean to people. I'm quiet. I just need some time to wake up. If you allow me that, I'll be fine. If you insist on talking and making me talk, then I will not only FEEL grumpy, I will ACT grumpy. [Ask my husband. It's a lesson he learned quickly. Bless his precious heart, he's a morning person.]

The next few activities take me beyond the 1/2 hour. I have my morning devotion time. This usually lasts about an hour. Then I grab my computer to check email and message boards before hopping in the shower.

On "quick" wake-up days, I have to abbreviate some things-- like postponing my caffeine until I'm headed out the door, not checking email, or shortening my devotion time.

So that's my morning!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Funny, hard to imagine you quiet... :p So I don't guess that you'd like Peyton staring at you first thing yelling ITS A SCHOOL DAY! LOL Thanks for playing Tams! :-)