Monday, October 13, 2008

Cats!

Back in the summer, we added a cat to our family--thanks to Andrew's friend, Coleton. Tommy is a precious adorable little guy. But with one bad habit: he pees on things. GRRR!! We've tried everything! He has an automatic scooping litter pan, with premium non-scented clumping litter. We change the tray every day. We've moved it away from the washing machine and dryer (of which some cats are apparently afraid). It's not hear his food, and it IS in a private place. We've used an enzyme cleaner to clean things he has soiled--a pile of clean laundry and my down comforter are his favorites, apparently. NOTHING HAS WORKED! I'm so frustrated with him.

So I relocated him---outside. Unfortunately (or fortunately, as the case may be) Tommy is completely unaware that it's a punishment. He loves it outside! Poor Pepper (our rat terrier mix) hates the idea. Tommy jumps on her every chance he gets. Right now, the grass, even when damp with dew in the mornings, is incredibly interesting. It's a great adventure! Maybe it will all work out for the best. At least everything I own won't smell like cat pee.

You gotta love cats, even when they make you crazy.
cat
more animals

2 comments:

Jayne said...

Tommy is cute but yeah peeing in the house = outdoor cat! :)

Curly said...

I found your blog by searching for United Methodist Church.

We had a cat like that once. Her favorite spot was the middle of my bed. Yuck!

Recently, a friend invited me over to smell her new house to determine if the odd odor was cat pee. I guess she thought I was an expert.

Has the cat been "fixed?"