Thursday, February 14, 2008

Life in a Whirlwind

Does it seem like the world turns faster and faster??
It seems like I'm living in the middle of whrilwind!!
Is this a function of AGE? Does this mean I'm officially OLD?

I had BIG plans for the time between finals in December and seminary classes starting again this week.
Did I get all that stuff done?? NO!
Did I get most of it done? NO!
Did I get some of it done? Yeah, some.

I remember being in school, particularly middle school. Time literally crawled along. Summer would NEVER come soon enough. Christmas was only once every three years. Now that I'm all grown up, Christmases whiz by, summer is only half as long as it used to be, and my babies have become young men overnight.

So how do we cope with this increasing speed? We treasure every possible moment. We refuse to let the urgent rob us of the important. My advice today is this: Hug your children; kiss your husband; eat the chocolate you crave; and get a good night's sleep. It may be true that you can sleep when you're dead, but you'll get there sooner than you want if you don't sleep now.


Side Note: I haven't abandoned Suzanne's Blog Challenges. I'm having "picture" problems, and haven't written a letter of praise in a while. I've remedied that now, and I'll post soon.

1 comment: