Thursday, January 3, 2008

Favorites

Today I thought I would share some of my favorite websites, message boards and blogs.

  • First, there's Suzanne's blog O' Scrappy Day. Suzanne is an avid scrapbooker, and her creativity inspires me. Her sense of humor is amazing, and you'll enjoy getting to know her and her family through the snippets she shares on her blog. You can also find some other awesome scrapbook blogs and sites linked from there.
  • Then there's Jayne's Feeling Scrappy. There's both a website and a message board. Jayne is one of the most creative and talented women I've ever met. Her photography is breathtaking! Check out the website. Visit the message board, and then take one of her classes.
  • E-MEALZ EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES My latest, best find is E-Mealz. Each week, these ladies prepare 7 meal plans for you, using what's on sale in your grocery store (you can choose from several or do a general one). They even give you the shopping list. Meals are numbered, so you can easily eliminate any you don't want to use. I subscribe to the Weight Watchers menu plan, so they even calculate WW points for each menu! My family is eating healthier, and more at home, than ever before . . . and for less per week than I can waste in a vending machine!
  • Plugged In Online is a great source! They review movies, television programs and music, and provide warnings about things that might concern you. Sometimes they are more concerned about something than *I* am, but at least I have a heads up. I can make an informed decision about whether to let my children listen or view the movie. I know when we should skip something, when I should view it WITH them, and when we'll need to discuss something they've seen or heard. I've used them with movies for a long time, but the music reviews are coming in very handy these days, too.
  • North Alabama Conference of the United Methodist Church. I'm UM, and in the North Alabama Conference. This is our conference website. I recommend the eVoice -- a weekly email newsletter written by Bishop William Willimon. Dr. Willimon is former Dean of the Chapel at Duke University, and our present bishop. He is an extensive author. Though I do not always agree with everything he writes, I respect him and his position. His writing often challenges me, stretches me, and causes me to evaluate and wrestle with my own opinions.
  • Mountain Lakes District. I'm not only UM, and in the North Alabama Conference, but in the Mountain Lakes District within that conference. I'm sharing this one primarily because it's a project I've been working on. It won't win any website awards, and has much work that still needs to be done, but it's taking shape, don't you think?

Is that enough for today? Yes, I know you're already shocked. I've updated my blog 1/2 as much this week as I did ALL OF LAST YEAR. Once you've picked yourself up from fainting, check out some of the above links.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Thanks for sharing Tams! I forgot all about the e-mealz... need to do that! Keep up the good job blogging! :-)

Jayne said...

Thank you! Thank you! For your kind words and for those awesome links - can't wait to check out the meal planning one!